CLAT Exam 2024: CLAT, also known as the Common Law Admission Test, is a national-level entrance exam designed for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered by 22 prestigious National Law Universities across India.
The administration of the CLAT exam is entrusted to the Consortium of National Law Universities, which comprises representative universities. Moreover, several affiliated universities and organizations employ the CLAT exam for their respective admission and recruitment processes.
The CLAT exam holds great importance as it acts as a single-window entrance test for admission to the top NLUs(National Law Universities) in India. By qualifying in CLAT, candidates gain the opportunity to pursue a career in law and acquire a comprehensive understanding of the legal field.
CLAT facilitates admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs offered by 22 NLUs in India. These NLUs include prestigious institutions such as National Law School of India University (NLSIU), National Law Institute University (NLIU), and National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), among others. Each NLU offers a diverse range of courses, including the integrated Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Master of Laws (LL.M.), and Ph.D. programs.
CLAT Exam 2024 Participating Universities list can be find on this link: List of CLAT Participating Universities .
It is important to note that for the upcoming Academic Year 2023-24 & 2024-25, all admissions to the 5-year integrated LL.B. and LL.M. programs will be exclusively based on the results of the CLAT 2023 Exam & CLAT 2024 Exam.
CLAT Exam 2024 will be held offline.
CLAT Exam 2024 Dates:
CLAT EXAM 2024 to be held on Sunday December 3, 2023.
|CLAT Exam 2024 Application Form Online Start Date / CLAT 2024 Exam Registration Date||1 July, 2023|
|CLAT Last Date to Apply Online / CLAT 2024 Registration Last Date||03 November, 2023|
|Release of CLAT 2024 Admit Card||October / Nov, 2023|
|CLAT 2024 Exam Date||03 December, 2023|
|Release of CLAT Exam Answer Key 2024||December, 2023|
Official letter of CLAT Exam 2024 announcement can be seen below:
CLAT 2024 Exam – Age Limit
No age limit for CLAT exam and admission in LLB Courses through it.
CLAT 2024 – Exam Fees
Rupees 4,000/- for General / OBC Categories.
Rupees 3500/- for all other reserved categories.
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for CLAT, candidates must meet certain requirements.
candidates must have completed their 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum percentage specified by each NLU.
- There is be no upper age limit for candidates appearing for UG Programme through the CLAT 2023.
- Candidates must secure the following minimum percentage of marks in their qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination):
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who may be appearing for their qualifying examination in March/ April, 2024 are also eligible to appear for the CLAT 2024 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission, failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the course they may have applied for.
- If more than one candidate secures an equal number of marks in the CLAT 2024, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- i. Higher marks in the component/section on Legal Aptitude in the CLAT 2024 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
candidates should possess a LL.B. or an equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- An L.L.B. Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination in April/May 2023 are also eligible to apply.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing for the CLAT 2024.
- 4. Tie Breaker Rule : In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher age;
ii. Computerized draw of lots.
CLAT Exam 2024 Structure | Syllabus
The CLAT exam comprises multiple-choice questions (MCQs) designed to evaluate a candidate’s aptitude in various areas. The test primarily assesses a candidate’s proficiency in
CLAT Syllabus – UG Program
- English Language
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques: Mathematics
The CLAT entrance exam duration is typically two hours, and it is conducted offline or online, depending on the year.
CLAT Syllabus – PG Program
Best Books for CLAT 2024 – Recommendation by Experts
CLAT Exam 2024 Application Form Process
The application process for CLAT entrance exam 2024 is conducted online. Candidates need to register on the official CLAT website, fill in the CLAT Exam 2024 application form, upload necessary documents, and pay the CLAT Application fee.
It is crucial to carefully review the guidelines and submit the application within the specified deadline.
Instructions for UG Program.
Instructions for PG Program.
CLAT Result 2024
CLAT Result 2023 can be seen by participating candidates on link: CLAT RESULT. CLAT 2024 Result will be shown on separate link once Exam is held and result is declared.
CLAT Important Links
|CLAT Consortium Official Website||CLAT Consortium Official Website|
|CLAT Exam 2024 Participating Universities List||List of CLAT Participating Universities .|
|CLAT 2024 Exam Date Announcement||CLAT 2024 Press Release|
|CLAT Syllabus For CLAT 2024 Exam||CLAT UG PROGRAM Syllabus|
CLAT PG PROGRAM Syllabus
|Instructions for UG | PG Program||UG Program|
|CLAT 2024 Admit Card||CLAT Admit Card 2024 Link will be displayed here|
|CLAT Result 2024||CLAT Result|
For Regular updates on Telegram, Facebook & Twitter Join us:
|Join Haryana Blogs Telegram Channel||Join Telegram|
|Join Haryana Blogs WhatsApp Group||Join WhatsApp|
|Follow / Like Facebook Page||Follow|
Can I apply for CLAT 2024 now?
You can apply for Clat 2024 if appearing in 12th class and can apply till 3rd November 2023.
What is CLAT 2024 Registration Last Date?
03 November 2023 is last date to register for CLAT 2024.
In which month CLAT 2024 will be held?
CLAT 2024 will be conducted on December 3, 2023.
How many seats are there in CLAT 2024?
This year, the total number of seats available for CLAT 2024 Admission (UG +PG) are 4000 Plus.