Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024: under this scheme Haryana Govt. will provide 2500 rupees pension for protecting trees that are 75 years or older than this. Pension will be given to the custodian of the tree.
Haryana is the first state in India to launch this pension scheme for protecting trees that are older than 75 years.
The scheme was initially announced by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on the occasion of World Environment Day on June 5, 2021.
Under the Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024, the state government will identify old trees across the state and pay Rs. 2,500 per year to their custodians for their care & maintenance. The pension amount will increase every year, similar to the “Old Age Samman Pension Scheme”.
The scheme, called Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024 (PVDPS), aims to ensure an adequate supply of natural oxygen in the state and prevent the felling/cutting of old trees that have served generations throughout their life by producing oxygen, reducing pollution, providing shade, fruits, and shelter to various creatures.
Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024
2500/- Rupees Pension to The Custodian
This scheme (हरियाणा प्राण वायु देवता स्कीम 2024) will increase the income of the small & marginal farmers if they are having 75 Years+ old tree on their land/home/plot and prevent cutting old trees. Hence will save the environment as well.
This scheme has been implemented for 5 years. Pension will be given for the next 5 years, which will be increased every year.
As per Govt. data, so far, more than 3,300 trees that are 75 years or more old have been selected under this scheme, and this number is expected to increase as more people apply for the scheme.
The forest department has invited applications from people who have old trees on their premises and want to avail the pension scheme.
The applicants can visit their district forest office and submit their details along with a photograph of the tree.
The objective of this scheme:
- conserve older trees in Haryana State
- Encouraging the residents of Haryana to safeguard trees by providing them with a pension as a form of motivation
- providing a source of income to the people of the state who have old trees on their land
- Encouraging the plantation of trees and protecting them for lifelong
- To improve environment and air quality
Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024: Key Features:
- Tree age should be more than 75 years
- Under this scheme, the state govt would provide 2500 Rupees pension to the custodian of 75-year-old trees
- The tree should be healthy, and green and should not dry, fallen or hollow
- At present, the scheme has been made for 5 years, at a later stage it will be further improved based on the performance, needs, and suggestions.
- The scheme covers the trees grown from a single seed. A grove of trees arising from a seed, like a ficus benghalensis (Pepal, Bargad, etc) would also be considered a single tree.
- Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme will continue to increase every year in the same line as the Old Age Pension Scheme.
Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024: Eligibility
- The tree should be at least 75 years old to apply for a pension
- Photograph of the tree
- The custodian should be a Haryana Citizen
Documents required to apply for Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2023
- Haryana Permanent Resident Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook
- 1 Photograph
- Aadhar Card Connected Mobile number to get OTP while applying
How to Apply for Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024?
The person having 75 years or more old tree in his home, field and interested in getting pension can apply for the pension in the Forest Department office.
- ask Application Form from District Forest Department Office of your area, visit forest office.
- attach Haryana Residency Proof
- attach photograph of 75 year old tree
Disclaimer: When you purchase through below links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission but buying through these links doesn’t cost you extra.
What is Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme?
Under Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024 Govt. will provide 2500 rupees pension for protecting trees that are 75 years or older than this. Pension will be given to the custodian of the tree.
How to apply for Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024?
Visit District Forest Department Office of your area and ask for application for, they will help you in filling the form and apply for it.
Amount of Pension announced under Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024?
Under Haryana Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme 2024 custodian of the tree will get 2500 rupees pension per month.
Can we get pension on the tree which is on public land / place?
No, tree should be on beneficiary’s private land / home / plot.